Old 04-28-2017, 05:13 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  
Ina123

Day 118,

J9, you are not alone. Next Friday I'm also going on vacation to Florida to meet up with my family. Although it's not Cuba where I know from experience the temptation to drink is insane, I'm still trying to prepare myself for the late night dinners where wine is usually flowing in copious amounts. My advice for Cuba would be to get up early and make the most of each day.....maybe plan some excursions off resort. (a little pricey but worth it. ) I often found when down there the days I drank the least were when I was really active in the day. By night all I wanted to do was sleep and get up to make the most of the next day. Also books for the beach!! As for your friend, she will have no problem finding other people that drink down there....they're everywhere. As soon as you check in maybe see if there's an internet cafe that you can use to check in here Or see if there's a plan your phone provider offers for Cuba? I made the mistake of not getting one thinking I'd simply go on facebook here and there....yeah...it gets a little pricey Also, for some reason, it was a struggle finding bottled water all the time...so if you see someone going around with some ask for extra for your room

I'm also making a plan for my trip. My twin sister is bringing her 11mth old baby that I don't get to see often, so I've offered to babysit whenever she needs a break. I'm also bringing books and making plans to do stuff throughout the day.
Believe me, J9, I've had the same thoughts....just this vacation and then back on track....but I keep trying to remember to play the tape forward...I'd get back and then it would be summer....You're in Ontario too....it would be patio season....then street festivals., etc. I did this trip a couple of years ago with my family and I wasted so many days by being hungover! Missing prime sun hours cause I'd be sleeping and then just lounging around like a lump on a log. I don't want to make that mistake again We can do this!!!!

I hope everyone is having a great Friday!!!