Thread: Day 101
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 08:48 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
FitNonDrinker

Unhappy

Originally Posted by skybert View Post
I did heavy cardio- and weight training during my drinking period too, and I think, in my ignorance, that my body got used to it in some way. I had good progress physically, and my capacity increased as I hoped it would. After reading about workout and addiction, I think what I did was very dangerous! The risk of a cardiac arrest and stroke is very high with that combo. It frightened me enough to make a choice: Either keep on drinking, OR continue my workouts. First choice would be my nemesis, both options simultanously the same, so I chose the last option.
Evaluating my physically progress 81 days into sobriety to my progress before quitting drinking, is almost like night and day. This fact has helped me not to relapse several times!
This is so interesting to me. I too have kept up a pretty rigorous exercise routine, exercising 4-5x a week, binging/passing out about 3 days a week.... oh for the last couple of years. I think I've convinced myself "hey, at least I'm exercising. That has to help even if I drink too much". Or "I only drink wine and you know they say it DOES have health benefits". But a couple bottles a night isn't healthy.

I've been 4 days sober and just today I felt SO TIRED! I've been eating well and hydrating big time. My stomach is sorta bloated and I'm never bloated so I'll def see where this thread AND my stomach goes, lol!

Thank you all for everything. I'm so thankful to have so much insight!