Thread: So how do you?
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 06:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ExhaustedPigeon

So how do you?

I have events coming up that I know I'm going to want to drink for. For instance, in a couple of weeks, I'm going to a family member's wedding with an open bar.

The problem with my addiction is that I don't hate alcohol. I would love to go to that wedding and have drinks with everyone and I think it would be fun... BUT whenever I drink, I start the addiction cycle all over again.

I quit before New Years. On New Years Eve, I said I'd just drink that night with friends and then go back to being sober the next day. Didn't work. Started drinking every night again.

Fast forward a couple of months and I "quit" yet again. Then my favorite band came to town and we went to the concert and I told myself I'd only drink the night of the concert. BAM. Right back in the saddle.

It really pisses me of that I can't enjoy alcohol and put it back down easily- like most people are able to.

Anyway, how do you deal with events that you would normally be drinking at? I feel like it's not going to be fun, I'm going to miss out etc etc.