Old 04-27-2017, 05:57 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  
J9NoWine

Good morning Crew!... Day 94...Next Milestone for me is 100..Woohoo!

So...One week tomorrow I am heading off to Cuba for this long-dreaded trip I mentioned here several weeks ago...I know, poor me, right? This was planned months ago (pre-sober) with a close friend and former colleague who was "let go" from work and has been a bit down in the dumps trying to find a new job/career. She has never travelled anywhere outside North America, so I "selflessly" volunteered to go with her. Fast forward to today, am trying not to dwell too much on it, but she is a big drinker (as was I) and wants me to "let loose" with her like the good ol' days while we are away ...and to be quite honest, I would love to partake. I know that is totally not what you guys want to here right now, and I am so sorry to be putting "my crap" out there. My AV is telling me that I could isolate my drinking to this trip and go back to my sober life after the week is up. If that were the case, I might consider it...just am a bit terrified to test that slippery slope as I simply can't go back to being "that" person again..........I know what the answer is but would like to hear your thoughts anyways. Have a spectacular day!! J9