Old 04-27-2017, 05:02 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
August252015

Originally Posted by 14Sierra View Post

Now, out of the blue for the last 4 days I have been feeling like I'm losing my progress. I have little to no motivation, I don't have any energy to exercise, its hard to think or concentrate on anything, I'm anxious, and it is getting extremely frustrating.
Great job on nearly 5 months!

For me, I suffered significant PAWS - more importantly, though, to your question - whether or not it is "that" or just getting things straight in your life, recovery takes time.

I have hit points along the way - 100 days was a great turning point for a lot of things, 4 months was kinda frustrating and I was ornery and agitated for a week or so, 7 mo was a little rocky - where I felt like you do. Continuing on sober is the only way to get through whatever ups and downs come, IME.

I've learned so much about how to deal with life- mental and practical tools- through AA.

What have you been doing to get this far? Perhaps redoubling efforts along with treating yourself gently and such, is the best thing to do right now.

You can do it. At 430 days (just past 14 mo) I will tell you that life keeps coming in so I have ups and downs (just last night I retreated for alone time rather than spending the evening with my adored boyfriend and his kids whom I also love) and everything does keep getting better on the whole.