View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 08:29 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
loveandmagic

Originally Posted by Hangnbyathread View Post
Let's ask a few questions here.

Have you forgotten why you broke up with him?

Do you think that when people break up they should stop any notion that they will see anyone again?

Is there an idea in your head that they should feel like they should try and get you back?

Do you feel that your ex should feel like you in this process.

In reality, you can only control one person

You

I'm not saying you should go out dating if you're not ready.

But you should stop caring about if he is or not. It only consumes you in the process. He could care less what it does to you. Why let him win again by letting what he does consume you?
I know this sounds crazy... but yes, I feel like he should never be involved with any other woman again, that he should be miserable without me, that he should be begging for me back, and that he should resolve all the reasons why I broke up with him so that we can live happily ever after with my irrationally small Disney-princess waist, and my pet possum Jared playing with our adorable children in the sunshine (bc if I were a Disney princess, I'd probably be given a pet possum in the movie).

I onviously am mentally aware of how absurd it all sounds... but... I just love him soooooo much. And I broke up with him with the intent of him getting his situation together bc he claimed focusing on his sobriety was difficult while trying to meet the needs of our relationship. And then it all backfired when he told me a month and a half later that he's not in love with me anymore, but he still has mad love for me and wants us to be friends. NOPE SORRY BYE.