View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 07:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
atalose

My family would help in the event of getting out of the relationship but I don't have a plan should that happen. I think I need to step away from my emotions and build one. And as "common sense" as that seems, I can't believe I've never thought of that. Thank you. I don't have narcan in our house, do you know how I would go about to getting it?

If you could be as honest as possible with yourself what kind of a relationship, are you really having with him TODAY? Not what you want it to be or what it was in the beginning but what it is today? And is this the kind of adult relationship you want your children to witness and repeat when they become adults?

AS for him spiraling further down if you leave the relationship – staying in order to try and prevent that doesn’t make you a loving caring partner it makes you a hostage. With you or without you his addiction is going to take him to where it’s going to take him, you are not the stop gap in that.

If therapy is not coming about as quickly as you hoped then get yourself to an al-anon or nar-anon meeting.

Ask at your local pharmacy about obtaining Narcon, they make it in a nasal spray now and if they tell you that a prescription is needed then go talk to your doctor. I know that more pharmacy’s are giving out the nasal spray without prescriptions so maybe check with different ones in your area.