View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 03:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
August252015

Originally Posted by soberandhonest View Post
You'll get there Kev. Six months is great. In my first year, I was extremely careful not to "challenge" my sobriety. I'm sorry that you're struggling, but the very fact that you are working through these struggles without picking up says a lot about you. Be proud of your accomplishments and address those struggles as best you can.
Me, too. At first, it was just my parents and maybe one or two friends- and "at first" meant about 90 days.

I say it here often - I am ruthless about who gets a seat at my table. ONLY people who are supportive, positive and trying to live their own best lives- whether alcoholics or not- get my time and attention. Period. And this makes me the opposite of isolated or stuck or alone- I have a very full life in every way.

I still - at 14 mo- only do things that point towards sobriety- because that is my life. My problem has been removed thanks to AA and keeping a diligent program and spiritual condition, so I am not afraid of any situation - I DO put emotional sobriety and stability at the forefront and just don't participate in anything that might jeopardize THAT (I believe the physical sobriety follows my emotional kind) and I would honestly add that those things don't interest me. I wholeheartedly believe what the BB says that we come to know peace, and intuitively know how to handle situations that used to baffle us (paraphrase 4th ed).

Good OP and thoughts.