Thread: Who am I?
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2005, 06:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Little Missy
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Sooo, I guess I owe an apology to my family that was at the party. I kind of lost it and went of (just a little) about my Dad.

I went and talked to my sponsor, cause I really could have drank about this. But knew better, that it wouldn't fix anything anyway. She said a lot of this that I didn't like to hear. You know that's what good sponsors do. I'm still early on in my sobriety and I get tired of always needing to do the right thing. I'm use to being the in your face bad gal. This good girl stuff is new to me. Much harder on the heart, but much better for sobriety.

Man, I seem so shallow letting something like this bother my so much. With all the things I have to be grateful for. I was at the party, I get to see my daughter grow up, I get to be a part of her life. If he doesn't want to share in those things, then that's his loss. I kind of feel sorry for him.

With all the devistation in the world, my "problems" seem so minimal. But they are real to me. And they hit me right where it counts, in my heart. I guess if I didn't love him, then this wouldn't hurt me. Now I just have to decide how far am I willing to let this go. Some people are just not healthy for us. Even our own fathers.