Old 04-16-2017, 05:55 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Misc72

Don't shy away from posting here. Yes people are going to sound hardcore. After all quitting drinking and changing your life is hardcore. Drinking is a matter of life or death for some of us. So please don't let the passion to help save you come across the wrong way. I have had my feelings hurt plenty here. But every-time it made me think. My 'small' slip 18 months ago turned into slips left and right. And I said screw it I'll just be a drinker again and not go through the trouble of juggling the guilt of relapsing. Well I ended up making the same dumb decisons and even more than ever... I'd hate to see that happen to you or anyone. My son is the primary reason for me as well. The first time I tried this I sat comotose in my culdesac after a night out. Only intended dinner with hubs. Turned into a nightmare. I sat there unable to move, I could barely get out of the cab. Actually I was pulled out by my husband. And I just sat there puking all over myself in front of my son. I got up and tried to walk inside and fell hard on the concrete and busted my head. I knew right then and there I NEVER want to do that to my son again. But I did drink again after 18 months of complete sobriety. I got brave, and thought I can do this like a normal person. I never drank in front of my son again and never really did before. But it caused all kinds of problems with my marriage, our business, our families. It's not worth it. Please don't stop posting. I've been wondering where is your cabin and how did your turkey turn out?