Old 04-16-2017, 02:27 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  
Ina123

Day 106
Just a quick check in.
Well, I couldn't sleep last night at all and didn't fall asleep til 6:30 this morning and then slept the whole day! Silver lining though, I live across from a Polish church and saw a beautiful ceremony this morning. At 5:30 am people started piling into the church and then at 6am they came out and were singing and walking around the block. I googled and found out it's called:

"Rezurekcja. The joyous Easter morning Mass at daybreak when church bells ring out and explosions resound to commemorate the bright flash and thunderous rumble heard when Christ rose from the dead. Before the Mass begins, a festive procession with the Blessed Sacrament carried beneath a canopy thrice encircles the church. Janging handbells are vigorously shaken by altarboys, the air is filled with incense and the faithful raise their voices heavenward in a triumphant rendering of age-old Easter hymns."

I've lived across from this church for 9 years and this is the first time I ever saw it. Just another beautiful experience sobriety has brought me

J9NoWine – You've got today!! Sending strength and well wishes your way!!

Happy Easter everyone!