View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 10:20 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
abcowboy
No quitting on yer quit eh!

It’s so nice to wake up Easter morning and enjoy it without a hangover! It’s a beautiful Sunday morning here, a little bit below freezing, a beautiful blue sky and the sun is shining off the foot of snow that we got making things even brighter.

I couldn’t even begin to count how many times I woke up with a hangover on Easter Sunday’s past. The noise the kids were making over their Easter goodie baskets just adding to my headache! Pouring a big slug of Bailey’s into my morning coffee in the hopes it would settle me down till after lunch when I could have a few beers to start feeling good again. But for the grace of God, that’s exactly how my day would be going today. So nice to look back on those days and know that it will never happen again.

Well I did it, got through Lent without having a hint of chocolate! Not going to overdue it today, but am definitely going to partake in some of the chocolate Easter eggs Bubba got for me lol. A tradition the my dad had was he always bought mom a poinsettia at Christmas and an Easter Lily at Easter. When dad passed away, Bubba and I carried on that tradition sending mom a poinsettia at Christmas and lily at Easter. When mom passed away, I kept up the tradition with Bubba. Just another way of remember my parents and showing my love and appreciation for Bubba on two very important days of the year. Happy Easter everyone, may God’s love shine down on you even if you don’t believe….