Thread: Day 5...
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 11:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
futureve

Day 5...

Hello Everyone,

Now, on day 5 and I am hanging on... Feeling much better physically. Head much clearer... In the past, this feeling used to be dangerous as I would tell myself: Oh, I am feeling so good today, how can a little vodka hurt? And, bingo. I realize that I had transformed my daily drinking into binging drinking (As dangerous of course...) I kept on doing this cycle: five/six days clean, then binge drinking for 2/3 days, and again... Of course, I hadn't tried to reach out during these last few months and finally, once I realize where I was heading... Again, I started coming here and checking out meetings (I will admit that meetings have never been something I really got into. And yes, I did quite a few. I just need more than meetings. That includes, sports i.e. yoga, walking, cross training, kickboxing all these things which I need to get back to by the way. I also do need certain meds and I am finally back on track with those. Finally, I need to force myself out of my shell, reach out to friends (non addicts), and most of all get back to my passions: film, fashion design, books, my dog, my family... and not in that order necessary of course.) I am not going to lie: Cravings, I sure have them. Since this morning, thought about drinking at least five/six times. Able to resist. During one craving, I even told myself; Well, if I drink now what am i going to tell my sober recovery family? (speaking about all of you guys...) Anyway, just wanted to give an update. I find writing here about every day really helps me getting grounded, honest, safe... Have a wonderful day everyone!