Old 04-12-2017, 10:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
saoutchik
saoutchik

Stay sober Easter Weekender - we can all come back from the dead 14-17 April

A long weekend for many of us, Friday and Monday are both Public Holidays here so I guess the weekend is almost here for some.

The Thursday before Easter 2014 and previous years would have gone something like this: 7am wake up hungover and consider phoning in to work and inventing an illness, decide against this as there is only the one day to get through. 8.30 ish, make it to work feeling evil and vowing not to drink and to make an effort to stay sober. 1pm lunchtime, begin to feel vaguely human but still determined not to drink. 5pm and someone says "Sao, fancy a couple of beers after work?" "sure" would be my reply. 6pm the first few mouthfuls would be a struggle and then bingo!I am on the blackout express.

A friend of mine has an analogue photo of me and another person standing on a billboard some 30 or 40 feet above street level, both of us drunk. I was aged about 36 at the time and had two young daughters, I would take irresponsibility to stratospheric levels.

This thread is not just for people who have some significant amounts of sober time behind them. It is for anyone who has had enough of poisoning themselves with alcohol or drugs and who want to do something better with their lives. Living life sober, it's a kind of resurrection isn't it?

This thread is for anyone who wants to experience life without the need to destroy themselves.

Happy Easter everyone.