View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 05:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
83mama0f2

It's been a year.

I've made it a year. I've gotten on anxiety meds and am starting to think I may have ADHD. Not sure though. After month two I started having bad anxiety and depression, which triggered my hashimotos disease. I was a mess last year. I got on meds and quit a bunch of stuff I was doing(commitments) and was slowly feeling normal again. I am realizing I have issues that I've used alcohol to cover up since I was a teen. I'm 34 now. I need to learn how to deal with life again instead of self medicating. I felt the need to post here again because I've gotten to a good place before and assumed that since I'm now taking vitamins and feeling better that maybe my alcoholism was just simply a nutritional deficiency and now that I'm treating it I can handle alcohol again. I know that's a lie though. And I need someone to back me up on that! Tell me that now amount of vitamins, therapy and medications can make me not be an alcoholic anymore! I want to go get evaluated for ADHD and seek therapy because I feel like at this point in my life , if I don't I will relapse!