View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 06:09 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Wholesome

Yeah that was an awesome post zjw. Thanks!! I've been thinking about joining the gym again and I've been working out at home sporadically. I'm going to go sign myself up tomorrow. I like yoga but the studios are so expensive, like $20+ a class, those are for the wealthy women! I need to make fitness more of a priority, it really does help. Frankly my diet sucks right now, I've been allowing myself to eat whatever I want, like I just had pizza two nights in a row lol.

I've been watching a ton of tedtalks. Ones about the brain, behaviour, addiction, tech stuff.

I guess I feel like I'm ready to stop being such a homebody, that was what I did when I was drinking.

I've been rekindling my relationship with my sister. I pushed her away during the last few years when she needed me most so I'm trying to make amends there. There are a few relationships from my past who I moved away from because they didn't drink and I didn't want people close to me who would disapprove or judge my drinking. I think making an effort to reconnect with those girls would be a good thing, we go way back and if I was honest with them I believe they would understand.

I like to knit and there is a yarn store in my neighbourhood that has knitting circles. I've thought about going and joining in but I never actually do it. That would be a good safe environment with women of all ages. I need new yarn right now so one day this week I'm going to do it.

Things to do this week. Join the gym. Go to the knitting circle. Call one of my old friends. Order the 7 Habits of Highly Successful People.

I have this old guitar that I got with the intention of teaching myself that has been collecting dust in the corner for like 5 years. Maybe I'll look into some lessons because even though I can read piano music I was lost trying to figure out guitar music.

I should really start a journal too because it is really helpful to write this stuff out. I like lists where I can check things off. I think I should start structuring my time more and get some goals. It's easy to come home and turn on the tv and just do the minimum.