View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 07:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
zjw

I'm gonna try to respond without speaking directly to all your points tho I think it could help to rip your posts apart and say more.

But in the effort of saving time I guess from looking at your situation and compareing it to how i was and what i went through etc. and kinda taking a view from a distance i'd say the following.

I understand how the overwhelmed overthing thinking it thing can be. I was facing tons of anxiety and any stupid little thing i had to do became an incredibly huge undertaking. it still kinda is i jsut have more practice now.

I would not rush it. I myself did not exactly go out of my way looking for ways to "recreate" myself or "fill some void" or "start some new routine" i did not really "go get new friends" either. The friends thing is a tricky one I dont have many local then nor now so take what I have to say there with little weight lol.

I think to step out in your new life and say I'm going to now do this or I'm going to now try and take up this or meet these new people etc.. I'd say dont try and do too much too fast keep in mind if your anythihng like the rest of us you might be easily overwhelmed and be overthinking it and well it might not be really comfortable to step out of your comfort zone so doing that too much could be tough. But it is something one should do but gracefully go witht he flow allow things to unfold and dont feel as if you have to be committed or attached to any new friend or thing your going to try and do. Its ok to not like stuff and just go do soemthing else. etc.. I geuss dont bite off more then you can chew or worry yourself silly over it.

I did not know this then. But if i look back at my journey. I'd say fixing my diet exercising and getting into running where good things. Becuase drinking and booze dont really work well with those things. So I could be 1 or the other but not both. So when faced with the thought of drinking i can ask myself. Do you want to be healthy? do you want to run long distance? well you cant have it both ways so how much is that drink worth to you. I think this has a way of helping me stay on the right track.

I found lots of stupid hobbies along the way. and by stupid i mean stuff most people would be like WTF. for example i know more then the average person should know about kerosene heaters (dont ask) but ya know it occupied my time and interested me then i moved on to the next dumb thing.

I guess things like that kept me busy and there was no big expectation out of me with them. I did it for my own personal enjoyment and pleasure and it made ME feel good about ME. which helped lift my spirits out of hte pit i was in when i got sober.

One thing i'd say is if there is something your good at. no matter how stupid it is. Do it a lot. why? becuase its gonig to make you feel good about yourself and that goes a long long way. From there if you want to do something your not so good at that will also make you feel good about yourself too as you improve.

I dunno zen go with the flow. Its a ride try to enjoy it?

I think it was the book the alchemist where he talks about paying attention to the omens along your path. Point is watch your journey watch the road signs etc.. just worry about the steps in front of you the rest just kinda unfolds in time.