View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 06:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
thomas11

Originally Posted by Mattq2 View Post
Jeff,
You are a good man. i am in my middle fifties and have had to deal with two really bad times in my life. Now looking back I don't regret them. They helped mold me into the man I am today.

You are facing your problems head on with bravery. I respect that greatly. I believe , no I know that good things happen for people like you. I know good things are in your future. Please be proud that you stood up to adversity when these days most people just run and hide. Good for you for doing it sober my friend.
HI Matt, I don't want to overlook anyone else's responses but I want to address yours. I am about your age and I happen to agree with you 100%. The trials and tribulations we endured when we were younger make us who we are today. My only wish is that I was like many of the twenty somethings on this forum that figured it out so young.
With that said, I am thankful that I've figured it out. Some folks never get that opportunity. I guess we take what we can and run with it and be grateful we are not on the street or in a casket.