View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 06:40 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
HelenofTroy
Living the life

Welcome to the Undies group SSOH And congratulations on seven months.

Reading your initial post brought me right back to that time in my own journey. Thanks for reminding me how tough it was in the early days. I never want to have to do that again.

I have also worried about the summertime. I have a beautiful sunroom where I would spend many hours listening to good music and drinking wine while enjoying looking out on my back yard. Sounds nice in theory but it always ended up in me getting drunk - I never stopped with one glass of wine. Then I would start posting to Facebook where it would be obvious that I was drinking. No more. After just having a sober sun vacation I now know that I can enjoy the summer without *having* to drink. I now feel confident that I will be fine and I have tools to deal with any urges to drink that come up. Of course one of those tools is checking in and reading here every day.

I also struggle with the concept of "forever", so I say "for now". But to be honest there is a tiny voice in the back of my head that knows for me it needs to be forever and deep down I am really ok with that. My sober life has been pretty good so far.