View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 05:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Wholesome

Originally Posted by Grymt View Post
I think another thing to watch out for is that if it happens again don't let that you successfully avoided a full blown relapse that time make you think you have some sort of control.

If I find myself in a similar situation without support and with something unwanted happen and I feel very unhappy and I accidentally ingest some booze. I am still an alcoholic and I cannot solve the situation by drinking. I can only make it worse by drinking. When that situation arises which likely will at some time what then? A wake up call. Remain ever vigilant. The best way for me is to continue to train my habitual response to pleasant and unpleasant sensations that arise at any time, any where. Equanimity and awareness using meditation.
What I came away with from the situation is how easy it could be to lose control. I didn't want to drink. I was feeling really good about NOT drinking..... but once I realized I already had my addiction was right there ready and waiting for me. It was scary actually. My therapist said to me that I can be sitting in my living room feeling fine, meanwhile, my addiction is out in the drive way doing push ups! This situation really reminded me of that.

I will never order another virgin cocktail. Lesson learned there.