View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 01:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DonnaNix

Finally admitting my addiction

Hi,

I can't believe I've actually signed up to this forum, and am even typing these words.
To cut a long story short, I'm at the stage where I drink a bottle of vodka about 4 days of the week. The rest I'll have some other form of alcohol, usually socially. I wake up in the morning thinking about it, try to resist my urges, and usually fail. I buy a bottle of vodka on the way to work and have regularly finished it by the time I'm going home. I can't believe I've somehow got myself into this stage of life. I dont even drink for a reason most of the time, It's just that I'm addicted to the feeling alcohol gives me. At times I feel so much guilt and horror at what I've become and tell myself I need to quit for good, then the next day I'll not care and buy a bottle of vodka.
I'm only in my mid twenties, In a happy relationship with a man I love so much, have an amazing family, great friends and none of them are aware of this. I'm so scared that I won't be able to stop, and that I'll ruin all the good things I have in life.

I guess I just needed to finally find somewhere to finally admit this, without keeping it all in.

Also, I've just realised I've probably posted in the wrong section, as It's literally my first time ever on here.