Old 04-01-2017, 11:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
MidnightBlue
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Bronzie.

Sorry you are in pain, and good for you posting here instead of turning to a drink.

Please, don't feel useless. It's one of the most destructive feelings which can easily turn into an emotional trigger to drink.

You can't please anyone - and your most important goal is to focus on your sobriety and your happiness. Because when we are unhappy and angry is't hard to help anyone else. Put your oxygen mask first.

As for feeling unproductive - "before you start making things better, stop making things worse".

Look at stopping making things worse as productive behavior. You are not drinking, and thus not destroying your sober reality. You are doing house work.

Just look at this

Originally Posted by bronzie View Post

On a positive note, I made chicken fajitas for dinner and they were delicious. And I did a fun craft with my daughter and got outside a bit before it started raining. Now I'm here, and I'm really gonna try to get thru the night and make it to a meeting soon as well.

Sorry for the long post.
You've also done half of the housework.

How is that not productive???!

Stop measuring yourself some non-existent ideal scenario.

Enjoy your book, fajitas and quality time with your daughter - you are making it possible because you've chosen not to drink.

I'll wrap it up with another quote i"ve heard recently

"Hard choices - easy life, easy choices - hard life".

Even if life won't be always easy, it will surely be better without drinking.

Take care of yourself.

Keep posting.