View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 09:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bronzie

Originally Posted by D122y View Post
Bron,

That is what we do....make a sober life.

When I was a drunk, I would be half way through a bottle of something or worse by now.

I would feel gully knowing when I pass out, I would not be able to be woken up, even if I was set on fire.

Instead, I worked out, went food shopping, cooked dinner w my 13 yo, burned a bunch of receipts, and now getting ready to brush my teeth and roll into bed.

I will wake up in the morning feeling right for making it another day proudly sober. I thank God constantly.

Keep asking questions. Getting clean, depending on many variables, may be the hardest thing you will ever do. It was for me.

Thanks.
Isn't is amazing how much more you can accomplish while sober? I have had some stretches of sobriety, but keep having slips. I'm tired of slipping, I want a sober life, and like you say, I have to make it....and I intend to. My best weekends, holidays, New Years, etc have been the ones where I didn't drink, and I was able to remember the good times. Looking forward to many more of those in the future! Sober Friday night feels great! Thanks for responding.