Notices

Day 0 - But I am here for the weekend

Old 03-31-2017, 08:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 0 - But I am here for the weekend

I am not drinking or anything now. I had 2 beers before work early this morning to get thru the headache/hangover of drinking last night. Just enough to get a buzz of energy, but by lunchtime I was feeling bad. I threw up after lunch and then had some yogurt and water and started feeling better. I'm so tired of going thru this toxic cycle. I'm done!
I worked a very long day, but I'm home enjoying my evening now and resting and 100% sober, it feels great! I'm here for a sober weekend. And if I get the urge to drink again, I will post here FIRST instead of afterwards when I'm feeling like crap. Also got my new book in the mail today....The Red Road to Wellbriety. I'm excited to start reading it and doing the work!
Old 03-31-2017, 08:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back, bronzie; so glad that you are here.

Look forward to seeing you tomorrow - Day 1!!!!!
Old 03-31-2017, 08:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Bron,

That is what we do....make a sober life.

When I was a drunk, I would be half way through a bottle of something or worse by now.

I would feel gully knowing when I pass out, I would not be able to be woken up, even if I was set on fire.

Instead, I worked out, went food shopping, cooked dinner w my 13 yo, burned a bunch of receipts, and now getting ready to brush my teeth and roll into bed.

I will wake up in the morning feeling right for making it another day proudly sober. I thank God constantly.

Keep asking questions. Getting clean, depending on many variables, may be the hardest thing you will ever do. It was for me.

Thanks.
Old 03-31-2017, 08:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You sound excited about sobriety.
Grab tight and hold on.
Some never get or want the chance.
M-Bob
Old 03-31-2017, 09:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Welcome back, bronzie; so glad that you are here.

Look forward to seeing you tomorrow - Day 1!!!!!
Thank you, SoberLeigh. I will definitely be here tomorrow.
Old 03-31-2017, 09:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by D122y View Post
Bron,

That is what we do....make a sober life.

When I was a drunk, I would be half way through a bottle of something or worse by now.

I would feel gully knowing when I pass out, I would not be able to be woken up, even if I was set on fire.

Instead, I worked out, went food shopping, cooked dinner w my 13 yo, burned a bunch of receipts, and now getting ready to brush my teeth and roll into bed.

I will wake up in the morning feeling right for making it another day proudly sober. I thank God constantly.

Keep asking questions. Getting clean, depending on many variables, may be the hardest thing you will ever do. It was for me.

Thanks.
Isn't is amazing how much more you can accomplish while sober? I have had some stretches of sobriety, but keep having slips. I'm tired of slipping, I want a sober life, and like you say, I have to make it....and I intend to. My best weekends, holidays, New Years, etc have been the ones where I didn't drink, and I was able to remember the good times. Looking forward to many more of those in the future! Sober Friday night feels great! Thanks for responding.
Old 03-31-2017, 09:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mountainmanbob View Post
You sound excited about sobriety.
Grab tight and hold on.
Some never get or want the chance.
M-Bob
So true! And I am definitely excited about sobriety! I'll be here, I'm not going anywhere. I am 100% committed to making a sober life.
Old 03-31-2017, 10:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

WELCOME BRON. Honest, proactive and doing different stuff, so awesomely good. Please be careful with w-drawls. Especially the chucking- dehydration. See a doc if you are really crook.
Support to you. PJ
Old 04-01-2017, 03:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

We are all here Bronz, let us now how we can help.
Old 04-01-2017, 06:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

When I started doing the work... that's when I stayed sober. Good for you
Old 04-01-2017, 11:42 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you all. 11:30am on Saturday morning, and so far I woke at 9am, made breakfast for my daughter and I, washed some dishes, started laundry and did some picking up around the house. Now back in bed and we are watching a movie. I'm not gonna overdo it after having a rough week. Good news though, no more feeling or getting sick! Sober last night and today I feel great, other than some mild cravings. Thanks everyone for all the support and kind words!
Old 04-01-2017, 11:46 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Old 04-01-2017, 11:55 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congrats on Day 1!!!

Have plans and contingencies for the next few weeks when those cravings get you to your breaking point. Don't forget your commitment and need to be sober.

Good luck and many prayers
Old 04-01-2017, 07:46 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Originally Posted by bronzie View Post
Thank you all. 11:30am on Saturday morning, and so far I woke at 9am, made breakfast for my daughter and I, washed some dishes, started laundry and did some picking up around the house. Now back in bed and we are watching a movie. I'm not gonna overdo it after having a rough week. Good news though, no more feeling or getting sick! Sober last night and today I feel great, other than some mild cravings. Thanks everyone for all the support and kind words!
That is a perfect day.

In my experience...the cravings will get easier to deal with and the energy levels increase. I do so much more now and it barely phases me.

Thanks.