Old 03-27-2017, 06:01 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  
SandyO

Good morning everyone.
Agri, onlylovetoday, lovehoops- sorry you drank over the weekend, but it seems you've recognized your triggers and can work on it next time. It's hard to get out of the cycle of being mad at ourselves but it only perpetuates the situation. Use it as a learning tool to help you through next time. We always have of the option of trying again.
Congratulations on 22 days better is better. Glad to here the tiredness is starting to subside.
16 days for you bebrave. You are living up to your name!
8 days for Mish and Maine. We have struggle through maybe another week or so of the tiredness. It's not an easy journey we've started but the rewards are waiting for us.
Nice to say that we are still on par, JCNY.
Apart from being tired, I need to be mindful of my emotions. I snapped at my husband last night when he got annoyed with me instead of explaining things. I'm not a confrontational person and have spent years letting things slide helped greatly by alcohol. Things never seemed so bad then. However, at times when I was really drunk I'd pick fights and let things out in the most ridiculous way. My true feelings were never properly conveyed and I'd end up just spilling out stupid and hurtful things which I never believed in the first place.
I know it's good to discuss things and even fight every now and then, but our relationship is not used to it. I need to be more mindful of how I approach things. I guess it's all part of the process, dealing with issues that would have been swept under the carpet. Just feeling bad that I made him feel bad.
I'm not thinking about drinking, instead I'm thinking about how I can improve. Big step forward!

I'm going to get some pampering in today and then have a business dinner.

Hope you all have great day 😊