View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 02:28 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Girlfriend

Originally Posted by Beautiful
Live your day as if it were your last. I'm watching TV recovering from a car accident. Hmmmmmmmm.......at least I'm not cleaning house! LOL.

OH, Beautiful! I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you recover soon.

Hi Splendra,

It's tough when it comes to family, huh? That's my weakest link. I LOVE my family so much, but they used to bring me alot of pain and alot of happiness.

There were quite a few years that I didn't go to my parent's house. They were really critical of me and my two siblings and it was hard for all 3 of us to go and hear that all the time.

BUT, the good news is, albeit it came at the last part of his life, my Dad let down his "tough exterior" and just became my Dad when he got cancer and for 18 months, he and I held hands and talked for hours and told each other "I love you" (never heard those words while growing up from him). I thank God for that time between us because I got to know my REAL Dad. He wasn't perfect and made his mistakes, but we all do.

And, likewise with my mom before she died, I got to be really close again (like I was when growing up) with her. All the past hurts were dropped and forgiven.

Keep having faith and it'll come "full circle" for your family, too. In the meantime, do what you have to do for you, what's best for you EVEN if others don't understand. That's ok. Tell your family that you love them and do what your heart tells ya.

((hugs))