View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 07:32 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
atalose

This was a question mostly about navigating a relationship as I waited many years after I got sober to enter a relationship.
"relationships" are a trigger for codependents much like alcohol is a trigger for an alcoholic and drugs for a drug addict.

Where you are aware of your own past road to sobriety and waiting to be on solid ground before entering into a relationship, he is just beginning on that path.

He was drunk when you met and continued to remain drunk through out your relationship. He is now sober and as you mentioned in another post, you don't even know this person sober or if you might even feel the same about him.

Maybe it's best for him and his recovery to go into sober living, given his history of years of alcohol abuse, that might be in his best interest. He needs to find himself, find a job and become a productive person in society first and for most before he can become any part of a relationship. Allow him to feel who he is sober and not have to feel for a "relationship" at this point in time.

Just my opinion.