Old 03-23-2017, 11:20 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
AlwysConflicted

thanks for posting, your success if very motivating! I've never found it too difficult to give up on an addiction however the way i've been doing it so far is just replacing one addiction with another. So in that sense I guess i've never really given up on addiction at all. Xanax however has been the constant. Ive done so much research on Xanax in general, how it work in your brain, how it's prescribed to deal with anxiety and panic disorders yet it disrupts your GABA receptors effectively worsening that for which it is prescribed. I know over time your brain can heal itself and restore normality in that which was disrupted by the drug and this is what I tell myself butI have found that the last few mg are by far the hardest. To just stop completely seems to me right now an impossible feat. Yet nothing is impossible and mostly it's just fear that holds me back.

I have dropped significantly from my highest use however that's the easy part. The hardest part is learning to live wihout it! Yes my body and brain are constantly screaming at me 'what the hell are you doing' and sometimes that can be so loud that I falter but I am in a different head space than I used to be in where I could just ignore the fact that Xanax was a problem. I am determined to give it up - my biggest motivations are that I wish to start a family and also my long term health. I do get scared of prologned use of xanax and degenerative disorders in later life! The evidence is hard to ignore!

Thanks for your tips, will keep on fighting!