Old 03-23-2017, 02:21 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
dontlookbacchus

Day 82.
Good morning teammates. I am curious if any of you have noticed an improvement in how you respond now to stressful situations ?
It might be just be me, but now I am through the first couple of months of emotional rawness and screwed-up body chemistry, I am finding I can handle pressure in life stuff or at work much better.

I don't seem to emotionally react, or snap, that second, but can process and think a bit more. I don't end the day feeling mortally wounded because something F*cked up or because someone is a jerk. - I do still think they are a jerk but I don't feel personally attacked or tortured emotionally about it , my body then craving booze to "wind-down" again. Wearing myself down.

Yesterday I really recognised it. Today will be as stressful so I am looking forward to see how I do. Stepping back into some clarity, getting things into perspective for a few seconds, before deciding how to respond.

I think this might fall into the making better decisions category that being sober has afforded us now. For me, lashing out at the world, feeling attacked, might be something I am realising now I was doing. We'll see. Stuff for me to process now I have some distance from the old me. Unlike others, I still don't know why I drank, but this might be a clue.

Have a great day all. Thinking of the Brits in our group and the terrible events in London yesterday. Have another safe, sober and healthy day Januarians.