Old 03-22-2017, 02:26 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
AlwysConflicted

Originally Posted by ChiefBromden View Post
Welcome to SR. I have no experience with coke, but a lot with Xanax. Benzos are bad news, and Xanax is one of the worst.

I quit Xanax at the same day I quit alcohol, now nearly 5 years ago, when in rehab. A double whammy, if you want. Not easy at all, but certainly doable. Ironically - but quite typical, I later learned - I now have a lot less anxiety, even though I no longer take any medication and no longer drink.

Good luck on your travels, and be careful when you finally quit the Xanax. The withdrawals can be just as dangerous as those experienced when quitting alcohol. Best to talk to your GP about it, better safe than sorry.
thanks for ur response i love to read success stories of people coming off of xanax because for me it's been a constant real struggle, and i've attempted a few times and failed. but i still feel hopeful i find it really helps reading success stories because it makes u think will if they can do it, what makes me not able to?

the last time i attempted to quit was two years ago but i wasn't too educated on xanax in general so i went away for a week and just didnt take any with me decided to quit one day to the next - such a big mistake! this is the first time im doing it with professional supervision (out-patient) and the first time i'm surpressing my urge for quick results by dropping to significantly so taking it real slow, been on it 10 years so can come off it slowly

do u have any tips which helped u? i cut out caffeine as in the morning was getting too shaky during my last drop. i take walm baths with magnesium oil which really helps fatigued muscles! i don't smoke a lot but stopped cigs also as they're also a CNS stimulant which is the last thing I want lol. anything that helped you?