Old 03-20-2017, 05:50 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
SeaOfSerenity
F*** the Zero

my experience has been that from a young age I unknowingly medicated my social anxiety with alcohol as I imagine countless addicts do.
its easy to look back and see everything clearly once youre head isn't clouded. I mean, why even consider what your problems might be when you have the answer readily available, glug.

when I got sober (6 months ago) the anxiety hit me like a freight train. I had made it infinitely worse by not allowing myself to learn to cope and depending on a poison to ease my discomfort. Which of course, eventually, landed me in hospital.

I've been having panic attacks and generalised anxiety which can be uncomfortable but I'm trying to face it head on as I know if I don't then it will mean a life of avoiding situations. I see it as the more I experience the anxiety and attacks the more I can understand they aren't that bad and life goes on. with time I hope the symptoms will lessen as I train my brain to deal with it. if I just stay at home all day it will forever be an issue