View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 08:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mainecoonmama

First go at sobriety at 23

Hi, everyone.

I'm 23 and in the portland area.

I started drinking at 13 or 14, it started with sneaking a drink or so from the fridge, then to my mother (who is no longer in my life, she left us in 2010) buying me shooters and us drinking together, then to me drinking a bottle of wine a night, then to me drinking half a box of wine a day.
It needs to stop.

The first thing I think about when I wake up is to get a cup of wine to stop the shakes and the nausea. Then I'll have another, usually head to work with a 1ltr filled with wine and drink on my breaks, then as soon as I get home I'd drink more until I fall asleep.

Before recently, no one has ever mentioned my alcoholism or asked me to stop. I was with my ex wife for 3 years and she never complained, my family never complained even though were aware of how much I drank.

I got divorced in November 2016 and have been with my boyfriend since before that. He is the one who brought it to my attention that it is a real, HUGE problem. I don't like how I feel when I drink anymore, I don't like not remembering things, I don't like fearing a DUI or getting fired all the time, and I know that we want to have a baby in 2 years and I HAVE to be sober for that.
So with this opportunity of time that I have (I am starting a new job in mid April and just quit my old job) I am going to use it to go to rehab.
It will be an out-patient program, as I don't have 90 days to do an inpatient program, nor would I want to, and my evaluation is on Tuesday 3/21. I'm very nervous, but my family has been so supportive and I'm ready to do this.

Anyways, that's my introduction.
Wish me luck!