View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 02:26 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Crandar

Originally Posted by LoveHateMerlot View Post
Hi Crandar, I just registered here for the first time today because I'm tired of hurting myself and family. I'm hungover today, again. I'm tired of breaking promises. I'm tired of trying to hide it from my family and friends. I'm tired of being embarrassed for what I said or did the night before. I'm tired of wasting money. I'm tired of letting alcohol make decisions for me. I'm reading your posts and just knowing that you are going through this step today makes me feel a little stronger. I want to stop drinking. Today is a new day, and I'm with you! I am praying for you, and hope to read more posts on your updates...
Thanks bud. I feel the exact same way, it's awful.

I'm beyond tired of depending on alcohol to feel ok. It gets so much worse when you don't have it, and I would always feel a million times worse when the initial affects started to wear off. So i ended up getting to the point of killing will over a fifth a day.

I'm a couple hours away from my first 24 hour period of being clean in months, and after making that first step last night, I never wanna turn back.

I wish you the best too buddy, and I'm glad that you decided to join here too