View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 10:46 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Katiekate

Hi there, I too was in a relationship with a bpd who was also an alcoholic . It's a very lethal combination and it really messes with you, and changes who you are deep down. The good news is, you can recovery, I have.

The thing that was pivotal for my healing was going no contact, no phone calls, no emails, no text etc... and be prepared , you may have to change your number and block his emails because he will contact you, I was contacted months after, and years after, he contacted my family members when he could not contact me, the important thing is, do not respond. If has a key to your house, your car or anything else , change those locks too.

This forum was awesome support for me, I also joined the bpd family forum and learned tons from reading over there about what I was actually going through, and I was traumatized, as all of here for the most part seem to be to a degree.

In my case the borderline stuff, as I later came to realize was the bigger issue, one that the binging and continued drinking only made worse, either way my peace only began to creep in once I got further and further away from anything that had anything to do with my x.

At the end, just seeing his phone number on my phone would send me spinning.

You can stop spinning, I did

PS you could probably contact a moderator to get you thread moved.