Thread: I hit him!
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2003, 04:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
faithinbrian
Paused

The positive outcome I spoke of in my last post, about what my son had witnessed, was when my ex called to make amends about his drunken state and actions and he said " so whats up and I said well I guess I could ask you the same thing and he just commented, "well I guess I just have to realize that I cant drink,I said well ya THINK? well the comments I made after didnt help out any, but the comments my son made DID. My son got on the phone and his dad pleaded for him to come back over, and my son said I dont think so dad, I am mad at you for doing that, I dont want you to ever drink again, and his dad said "ok" and my son said "NO" dad I dont just mean when I come back over I mean forever, and If you do I wont ever come and see you again, because that just isnt right what you did, and that come from a preteen at the time. I was very proud of my son, for sticking to his guns, and as far as I know his dad has not touched a drop since. It was hard to stand back and watch him go through that again and this time he would remember. He then asked me if that was the same thing his dad had done to me, because I always tried not to speak ill of his father in front of him, his dad would go through bouts of drinking and then he would come clean after something bad would happen, and so I thought someday if he finally see's the light then my son dont need to know about the bad events that happened, and if his dad continues on his distructive behavior then his son will see him for what he really is because of his drinking, with his own two eyes, not because it came from my mouth , because of anger. Sorry for this being so long , I just had to vent.