Thread: True to form
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 08:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
musiclady14

True to form

As I've posted previously, my three children and I are leaving my AH on Monday. He doesn't know the exact day, for safety reasons. Only that we're leaving over March Break.

My counselors warned me to be cautious at this time because physical violence can come into play.

Things were fairly calm until today. I've been detached and steering clear of him.

Then, today, AH opened a separate bank account and deposited his biweekly paycheque in it. I have no access to funds now, and our automated payments won't go through because the account is at max overdraft.

Then tonight after work AH got drunk and chose a silly issue to get upset about. I was in my daughter's room with her. My youngest son (6) was playing in his brother' s room (16) because big bro is away at a friend's house. Anyway, AH came to the door of dd's room, knocked loudly and stepped inside. He began raising his voice about this non-issue. I remained silent so as not to exacerbate the situation. I could see he was drunk and angry. Then AH went across the hall and started yelling at my ds, using profanity. My son ran past him and into my daughter's room. AH began yelling at me again. Lots of profanity. I said, "Please, just stop." I closed the door and locked it. He grabbed the door knob and tried turning it a few times. When it wouldn't open, he began alternating between banging on it loudly and pushing on it forcefully. He finally went away and has since gone to bed. I don't know how much he drank but it was definitely quite a bit. It was obvious in many ways that he was very intoxicated.

I was ready to call the police. I've done it once in the past. This event frightened my two out of three kids. I felt a panic attack coming on but managed to stop it. AH has never done anything like that before.Hopefully we'll get through this without further disturbances. Staying safe, though. And my heart finally stopped racing. Anyone else have a similar experience when you were leaving? By the way, our wifi gets turned off tomorrow so I won't be back on until Monday. Will be here a bit longer tonight, though. Thanks.