View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 01:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
steve-in-kville
Semi-Professional Philosopher

Eating like a Grizzly Bear!

Good morning folks, another lovely day in sobriety. Made a lot of headway in my attitude towards things, made peace and accepted some things, but that's a thread for another time. Anyways, maybe this belongs in the Fitness & Nutrition forum, but I shall post it here instead...

Here as of late my eating and sleeping habits have really changed. I know our bodies will constantly adapt once sober, but I've never had something so substantial like this before.

I did the math and I am eating like 4 whole meals a day, plus snacking in between. Granted, I do not eat a lot of wheat or processed food. Lots of clean protein and tons of fresh fruit and cooked veggies. (think paleo diet) I didn't count calories yet, but I am still cycling to work when the weather suits and running/hiking about twice a week. The scale says I fluctuate about 5 - 7 pounds throughout the week (water weight, I guess?). I do drink lots of water at work, seltzer at home. In all the previous stints of sobriety, I never ate so much in my life! Perhaps the days are getting longer? Please tell me this is normal!!

I was really hoping to drop some pounds this spring for running season, but it ain't happening at this rate!!