Old 03-08-2017, 04:26 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
ScaredWife29

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
ScaredWife....A good idea to be elsewhere....as he is sure to be angry, if he refuses help. Even if he goes to a rehab facility, and you go back to the house...people can leave rehab, and, he could always show back up...angry...

This is why you should definitely get in touch with a worker at the dv center, and let them guide you in your decision making....Take all the help you can get...

I am curious....since you have been going to a therapist for a year, and you have been married for only 10 months...did the therapist ever ask you about abuse or talk to you about it?
Thank you very much. I am planning to call the DV hotline during my lunch break today to assess the level of danger I might potentially be in. I can't believe I am in this situation. I can't believe that it has come to this. Yes, my therapist does talk about abuse with me. She doesn't want to sway my decision either way, but she does tell me that I can leave and get help whenever I want.

I feel like this may be my fault, even though logically I know that no one can "cause" abuse. I had a lot of trust issues early on (my ex bf cheated on me and also abused me, plus I had a somewhat unhealthy environment growing up) and maybe my husband felt constrained or hurt by them. Maybe I expect too much from him and maybe I am too critical. I wish I could go back and be a better partner I know everyone tells me I didn't cause the abuse, but I can't help but feel guilty.

I am sure he will throw me under the bus and turn his parents against me and will likely leave me for me telling them. This situation is beyond awful and my heart breaks every day (and is starting to physically hurt as well).