View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 04:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Kristoff

Originally Posted by Mattq2 View Post
Kristoff,
Lady blue brings up a great question. How long have you been sober? We can't hide from alcohol forever but only you can decide if your up to the task at this point in your sobriety.

I think it is great that you told your friends that you won't be drinking and I hope they will support you in that .

I still find situations like vacations a little difficult at eight months sober. I make sure I have a good plan for each day. I have found that if things get tough I go to my room for quiet time and post or read on SR.

It sounds selfish but your priority needs to be you and your sobriety. Your friends will understand if you need to cut the evening short.

I am happy to report that slowly I am starting to enjoy most things sober. It's not always perfect but I'm getting there.

We are here if you need us.
Thanks Mattq2....much appreciated

I don't have any lasting sobriety to be honest....probably best described as a serial slipper over just under 4 years I guess....I go through to about 3-4 months typically and then roll the dice again.

I am grateful that you are there.....its one of the things I was hoping for when I joined today...