View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 04:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kristoff

Thanks very much for the reply.

I have contacted local AA and there is one meeting to go to per week.
, which I will do.

I completely agree that I need a 'replacement for the drinking' strategy and I am working on it.....the way I see it is I am set for the day, as that will be occupied with skiing (the lunches, even if the others have a few drinks, I am fine with, as lunchtime boozing has never really appealled to me owing to the soporific effect it has)....dinner will be more challenging but I'm reasonably ok with that....my major issue is immediately post skiing about 5.30 when the exercise is done, the endorphins are flowing and I have that 'I'm invincible' feeling again.....a sad, misconceived, self-defeating lie that part of me still speaks inwardly to me (I live in hope that one day I don't hear that voice ).......I'm planning to eat quickly then as a fuller stomach tends to dampen my enthusiasm for beer....the bottom line is (as I know deep down) is that there will be moments when I'll simply have to grind it out, accept that its going to be tough at times, that the urges do recede in intensity and do not typically last for hours.

It is surprisingly useful memorialising these things in writing.....rather than have the thoughts swirling endlessly around, in an incomplete fashion in my head

Thanks