View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 04:42 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
aliciagr

A lot of truth and fact in all the above posts.

Refiner, I worked full time before we moved here, and I liked it. I have a college degree and all. Things HAVE NOT worked out at all like either of us thought when we moved here. There was this idea of a rosy situation with his parents who have always been distant, but encouraged us to move here. It took a while to sell our house and we bought another one so we had a lot of money going out. We had expenses from moving, I was no longer working, the new house needed things bought, he wasted a LOT of money on cocaine and alcohol, bought a new car during his crazy day time. His medical expenses were high, his court fees were high and thankfully all those charges were dropped. Now his dad might have some hope of coming around but we both ask is it worth trying because it is a lot of work and a lot of stress.

It does make the place we moved from look appealing. The only good thing here is cost of living is a lot less, and he makes more money so we can save. Of course now we have a baby and that will cost a lot of money too.

I know addicts like to run from things and he is doing good in counseling, and I am set up good with my own. I just have no real friends.

Probably he would feel more left out if there was anyone here making over me and the pregnancy but none of my family live close except for one relative who is fairly close but not in the same city. Most of the attention I get is from him about the baby. So far he is good, I think he feels protective sort of? A dad should I guess?

For now I will keep plugging along and trying to get stronger and smarter. You guys have been really nice to me this time Ive posted, OR maybe its ME and Im just taking it all in differently? Its probably me, I was sort of a know it all - your all wrong about him - and I dont want to hear it - cant tell me Im in denial cause Im not in denial. (Probably still see some of that Im sure).