View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 02:24 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
aliciagr

Originally Posted by Hummer View Post
Hi, I wish you didn't have all of this to deal with and process whilst pregnant.
I think maybe it would be a good idea for you to make some friends, maybe at Alanon or baby groups - just so you aren't so totally reliant on your husband.
Sending my very best wishes to you
Hugs
Agree with you Hummer. I am hoping to get involved in some activities and meet people, and I feel in my heart its best to stay in therapy but not focus so much on programs like alanon because it keeps me (at least) tied so close to addiction and alcoholism, and constant reminders due to peoples shares and makes me feel depressed. ( There will never be a time when new people arent coming along in crisis because we all look for help during those times . And I praise those people who can be there for me and others when they are in need while not letting it become unhealthy for them. I think I get too wrapped up in it though). This is why I have to go slow and think things through like with the lady I met who invited me to Naranon and says I can go with her anytime.

I forgot to mention, my husband has tossed around the idea several times that maybe we should just move back to where we used to live. (another state) because we were happy there and he hoped to have a relationship with his parents was one reason for coming here but neither of us see that happening anytime soon. I dont know, in a way I wouldnt mind because I had a much fuller life there than Ive had since we moved here. He would have to see if he can get back into his firm out there though and he hasnt checked yet because we are not that far along in discussing it. It was big deal moving here, feels like such a waste now.