View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 09:50 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Algorithm

Originally Posted by Willadoit View Post
My head isnt in the place to take other people on.I dont need this..I cant even get the brain cells together to clean my house! I asked ONE question. It was not answered..it was attacked
I believe I answered it, Willadoit, but regarding your question as to whether or not the Beast is the overriding survival drive, it does usually become the primary one. This is why addicted people drink/use in spite of and against their other interests.

It is worth noting though, that in AVRT, the Beast, while the source of your Addictive Voice, is not considered the cause of your addiction. Unlike in some other paradigms, in AVRT, the AV, and not the Beast, is the cause of your addiction.

Bark → Dog = AV → Beast

The Beast is simply an impotent desire that cannot fulfill itself, and must appeal to you, via the Addictive Voice, in order to get what it wants. It cannot do anything without your consent.

As long as the Beast remains objectified as an IT, you are safe, but if it gets control of the "I" in your thinking, as if it were you, then you will then be free to drink/use, and possibly will.

Don't let your Beast convince you to run for the hills before learning more about AVRT on account of some posts, though. The Beast instinctively senses that you are thinking of cutting off its precious stuff and breaking free from your addiction.

The Beast screens your thinking, and IT is afraid of death by deprivation. IT will react in self defense, to try and prevent you from seriously considering, much less implementing, such a plan for freedom.

Don't allow this.