View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 10:00 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  
Seeker21

[QUOTE=charis78;5056169]Oh forgot:

My therapist says I don't have a drinking problem and don't need her (after two sessions)

Lmao! My xabf when I asked if he's talked to his therapist about his drinking. "Yeah, a little, but she doesn't think it's that big of a problem." Second therapist he's had who didn't think it was "that big of a problem". Funny, I've seen several therapists through all of this who all concluded with very little information that he is in the advanced stage of his addiction. WTF are you telling your therapist?? Lol

When me met (God, when I look back now...!)
xabf: Well my second DUI wasn't my fault. I was avoiding an accident and ran off the road. Plus I really wanted a new truck, so I think I manifested that accident so I could get a new truck.
Too bad your new truck had to have a breathalyzer installed for the next year.

My favorite was: You're just too sensitive because you're dad is an alcoholic.
Um, yeah, I know what this ish looks like!!

xabf: Yeah, I had court-mandated AA (but you don't have a problem??) but I didn't like AA because all those people - that's their whole life story. That's not MY whole life story. My life is so much more than that.
Me: It's their whole life story because it took over their whole life before they got help. Also, they are THERE to talk about how drinking affected their lives.

xabf: My life is so much better when I'm not drinking.
...continues to drink.

xabf: I just need some time apart to work on myself.
Me: gives time and space
Cut to six months later....still drinking, behaviors worse than ever.
xabf: I know I can't be in a relationship with anyone right now because I'd just compare them to you.
Next day: Do you still want to know if I sleep with other people?

Oh, the ridiculousness. Thank God for this thread, which gives me the ability to laugh at all the nonsense! Also has really helped me come out of denial that my situation was special - our relationship was special, he was special - nope, just the same as every other alcoholic and codependent!