View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 05:26 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Zircon

Hi,
I'm glad I'm not in the marital home. My AH threatened to burn it down, so I wouldn't get any of it!
The reason I asked for an extension of the DV order, is because I am still fearful. I felt better this year knowing he had no guns.
My AH, was unwilling to negotiate or even be reasonable at mediation. He has decided he's not giving up the marital home.
I'm very worried, if his life changes, due to a court decision, it will be the trigger that sets him off! My AH will then have access to an arsenal of guns! And then let's put his alcohol abuse into the mix. It's scares me that he might come after me, blaming me. And I can't get the picture out of my head of him with a gun to his head with it cocked!!
Our divorce hearing is coming up in 2 weeks. All of this stuff could be a potential trigger. Then it could take 6 months to settle things if the house needs to sold. As a result my AH and my life will be still intertwined for another approx 6 months.
If things had been settled during the past year, and there had been no violations if the order, I would probably have let the order go, since my dealings with this man would have been finished, and time would have gone by, before the order expired.
Also there is no evidence that he has stopped drinking!
Alcohol abuse and guns can be a deadly combination!!
Thank you

Z