Thread: Done, for real
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 02:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Cam

Done, for real

Hello All. I posted a few embarrassing stuff here back over 4 years ago. Let's say I barely had a night since then of not being drunk.

However, I'm happy to say this is my 9th day in a row sober. I did it cold turkey. It was hell, but I kept saying over and over I don't want to die. Last night was probably the easiest and today I feel pretty damn good. I'm sleeping better. I literally can fall asleep within a half hour and go into a deep sleep. I forgot what real sleep is. I feel human now.

I'm about to be 27 in May and my health is (in my mind) not in the best shape. I've had a nagging pain in my right side for over 2 years. I got use to it since I never really felt it unless I was sober. I'm thinking it's either gallbladder/pancreas issues. I have neuropathy, but it is getting better being sober. My anxiety is fading. I will be seeing a doctor pretty soon.

This is probably my final and last chance. I think if I go back, I'll be dead in a couple of years. I have no medical evidence to back that up, but that's my feeling. Baby steps. The biggest was quitting, so I'm there. I'm taking vitamins and eating better. The next step is exercise. I didn't' want to push my body too hard.

Motivation is starting to come back and not as depressed as before. There are so many things you don't realize you were missing until you quit. It really is amazing especially with running a business. The booze was making the stress management impossible.

Hopefully the doctor's results in the next couple of weeks are positive in the light that the damage done is reversible. I'm in for the long haul.