Thread: Three Days In
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 05:41 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
superbowl

So I am 10 days into no drinking now and am actually feeling quite good about it. I still haven't explicitly told my wife that I'm make a serious effort to stop yet and can't quite figure out why. She mentioned this weekend how the 22's of my favorite IPA have been sitting in the garage untouched for a long time, which you'd think would be my time to actually level with her but for some odd reason I didn't. Last night, she opened a bottle of wine, offered me a glass to which I turned down. Again a prime opportunity to say something other than "nah not tonight" but alas, I didn't.

The biggest struggle has been trying to find a way to deal with stress. My old method was to pour a small glass of whiskey or crack open a beer once I was home and settled but obviously that hasn't been the case. My other preferred method is working out but with a 2 year old and both my wife and I working full time, that is proving difficult. I am normally a super laid back, easy going guy and I can feel myself a being a little high strung the past few days. I did acupuncture some years ago during a particularly stressful time of my life (not alcohol related) which worked out amazingly so debating going down that path again.

Anyone got any at home tips and tricks that helped them cope?