View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 11:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CajunPrincess

Almost to six months.

Guys. I will have 6 months next week. As awesome as that is, I'm almost a bit disappointed. I expected my life to look more different at 6 months than it does now. I realize a lot of underlying issues are exposed during sobriety, so I guess that's the case. I just won't be the person posting before and after pics saying "6 months! My life is SO amazing now!" etc, etc.
I still struggle a lot with self harm and depression, and obviously it's even more in my face when I don't have alcohol to numb it.
I will admit that I have been slacking on my recovery. I don't go to therapy anymore. I rarely get on here. I have several sobriety books that I just haven't felt like reading. Even in the early EARLY phases of sobriety, I was still struggling with other issues. I definitely entertain the idea of drinking again. Often. Not that I think i could ever manage it because i know I can't. I realize it will be another downward slope. But I think to myself it'd be nice to have SOMETHING when everyday is a struggle dealing with my emotions and chronic fatigue (which isn't part of the depression).
My life is basically back to where it was before I ever started drinking. Same emotional/mental issues. Same everything. No wonder I started drinking in the first place.