View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 09:49 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
kel08

Hey!! From someone who wound up back at day one again a week ago, I can safely say riding it out is better than the utter digust and disappointment you will feel in yourself. Nobody new I had a drink either, my partner was away with work, I didn't text or call anyone, nobody knew but me. But guess what.....the anxiety was there like a beast the next day, I felt awful I had let myself down, because I knew better than to do what I did and wish I had been stronger. Ive figured I was lucky, I got away with it, I went back to sobriety the very next day, but you know that sobering up and returning back to this site straight afterwards is never a given. Also consider that, even if you didn't get drunk, are you then going to tell yourself it was 'safe'? And slowly the consumption will creep back up. The AV voice is the most powerful, manipulative, nasty and dangerous thing any of us have ever encountered. That's the voice that wants everything you have, and wont be satisfied until it has you all to itself, and even then it will want to take even more.

Write a list on your phone right now, why you want to drink, why you don't, what has improved in your life since you stopped. What positive thing would a drink bring to your day/life. Take the power away from the voice and give it back to yourself, because you deserve to. You will feel so much more proud of yourself to wake up tomorrow sober and another day added to your sobriety.

Good luck and hoping for the best outcome today for you!