View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 11:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
SoberD

Originally Posted by Pete6256 View Post
Hi SoberD, nice job on the 8 days.

It's the weekends that are always my undoing. Absolutely everything from my Thursday to Monday revolves around drinking. I go to the store on Thursday and drop over $50 on cider, beer and spirits which acts as my supply for either before, or after I have gone out to a pub or bar drinking. I can't be at home all day and not be drinking, and when I do come home (even if it's late at night), I need to continue drinking until I completely black out.

It always legitimately shocks me to hear acquaintances or work colleagues who seem perfectly happy and contented with life, casually remark about how they haven't had a drink in 2, 3 or 6 months. I honestly can't understand how people are doing that. What are they doing with their time??? How are they not completely bored or miserable??? Obviously I'm too embarrassed to ever ask these questions, I usually at that point repeat some lie about how little I've drunk over the recent period.

Anyway, sorry for the essay. Keep going!
Thanks Pete - yes, I totally understand the feeling. I want to be like them too but it is so foreign to me (right now) that some people (probably most people) just don't care in the slightest about drinking...it doesn't ever occur to them but for me, it's a consistent preoccupation. Anyway, Day 9 was a success...